It was another working weekend for me, however, this time it was out of the city in Bendigo. So naturally, Tony and I took the opportunity to turn it into a "working-holiday".
Bendigo is a funny wee town that had a huge economic boom due to a gold rush in the 1850's.
The buildings are beautiful huge old buildings from that era and they are all really well maintained. It felt like you were taking a step back in time, until you would spot the odd modern building.
Once again I forgot my camera so all are iPhone snaps.
Tony and I stayed in the Art Series Hotel, which is actually probably the most modern place in the whole city. The contrast is crazy. The Art Series Hotel's are amazing, they are all based on an artists portfolio of work.
The room was super modern and all the resources were pegged to the wall, as an alternative to the trashy folders hotels often have.
The hotel also had a selection of artsy books and magazines to read.
But I chose to sit down and read my girl Mindy's book. So good.
Although most of the weekend was mostly work, we did manage to get some tourist activities in.
We went to the Central Deborah Gold Mine and did a tour 60 meters under ground. I was a bit apprehensive because we have been on a few bad tours lately, but this one was surprisingly good! I always think it is the tour-guide who makes it or breaks it, and Darryl our guide was the coolest guy! He comes from a family of Gold Miners, he was so passionate about the Bendigo area and its mining history, but not in the creepy way some tour guides get... and he was proper funny, which helps.
Unfortunately I was a little slack on the photo's. But here are a couple of us wondering around the surface of the mine.
We also did the Art Gallery. Lately I have been all about visiting the local Art Gallery of the places we visit. They are really interesting places, and it is always so relaxing wondering around them, I have no idea why I hadn't enjoyed them earlier on in life?
I was so intrigued by this sheep, I just thought he was the cutest we thing. I spent so long staring at it that Tony thought there must be some hidden meaning and asked me to explain it to him. I just thought it was interesting looking that's all... little fatty.
There was a cute teddy bear sculpture outside... Tony decided to treat it like a jungle gym. Afterwards we found the do not touch sign and slowly crept away hoping know one was watching.
The next day we traveled home and stopped at the coolest little historic village on the way... will post on that soon.
Sunday, 10 August 2014
I don't know what it is, but lately I can't stop looking at pictures of beautiful houses. Maybe I have hit nesting age?
Cleanliness is next to godliness, so naturally you must have a beautiful bathroom to keep clean in...These bathroom pictures are so dreamy... I think I have a thing for copper and tiles.
Friday, 8 August 2014
Photo: The Chronicles of Her
1. I really enjoyed this post from Chapter Friday (one of my fave blogs, with a great Career section) about what to do on your morning/evening commute.
2. I love this look from The Chronicles of Her for work. Its both casual and professional. I find it really hard to dress for work as everyday corporate attire does not appeal to me at all. So when I see looks like this I take note!
3. I usually only use Buzzfeed to laugh at cute pics of puppies. But recently I stumbled upon 27 easy work lunches. Perfect! I always bring my lunch to work, eating out every day can be so expensive, and I prefer to spend this money on these shoes.
4. Here is a post I wrote recently about 'How to survive a hangover at work'... an essential guide!
5. And lastly, but not leastly, the perfect up-do for everyday work.